About The Cheese Board American Bistro & Catering Company
We got our start in 1981 when Debbie Branby opened Reno's first specialty cheese and wine boutique featuring imported cheeses and California wines. In 1985, Debbie moved The Cheese Board to 247 California Avenue, where the business evolved into a local lunch favorite and catering business. The Cheese Board has been a haven for the business and casual lunch crowd—as well as serious foodies—ever since.
The Cheese Board is known for its yummy food and sophisticated yet friendly style, both in the restaurant and at the 350+ events it caters each year.
To its loyal fans, The Cheese Board is memorable for its fun, relaxed dining room and fabulous lunches, featuring fresh and unique soups, salads, sandwiches, entrées, desserts, and wines by the bottle or by the glass.*
- Open Monday-Saturday 10 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Delicious and Creative Catering.
- In-house Private Events with seating up to 50, cocktail reception up to 70.
- Personally selected wines to enjoy by the glass or take a bottle home.
- Local Blind Dog® Coffee & espresso drinks.
- Specialty food & hostess gifts.
- Executive wine & gift baskets, too!
*Savvy wine lovers will notice that our bottle prices are "retail," like a grocery store, not marked up, like most restaurants. So you can enjoy the nectar of the Gods for less.