About The Cheese Board American Bistro & Catering Company
We got our start in 1981 when Debbie Branby opened Reno's first specialty cheese and wine boutique featuring imported cheeses and California wines. In 1985, Debbie moved The Cheese Board to 247 California Ave., where the business evolved into a popular local eatery and catering business. The Cheese Board has been a haven for the business lunch and casual dining crowd—as well as serious foodies—ever since.
To its loyal fans, The Cheese Board is memorable for its fun, relaxed dining room and delicious food, featuring fresh and unique soups, salads, sandwiches, entrées, desserts, and wines by the bottle or by the glass.*
- Bistro open Monday-Friday 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturdays 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Social and business catering, from food and drink to floral, décor, entertainment and more.
- In-house private parties with seating for up to 50, and cocktail receptions for up to 70.
- A hand-picked selection of California and international wines to enjoy by the bottle or glass on premises, ot to take with you.*
- Locally roasted Blind Dog® coffee and espresso drinks.
- Specialty food and hostess gifts.
- Executive wine and gift baskets, too!
*The Cheese Board's wine prices are "retail," like a grocery store, not marked up, like most restaurants. So you can enjoy the nectar of the Gods for less.