About The Cheese Board American Bistro & Catering Company
The Cheese Board in Reno got its start in 1981 when Debbie Branby opened Reno's first specialty cheese and wine boutique near Arlington & Plumb Lane. In 1985, Debbie moved The Cheese Board to 247 California Ave., where it has evolved into a popular lunch eatery and full-service catering company. The Cheese Board has been a haven for the business lunch and casual dining crowd—as well as serious foodies—ever since.
To its loyal fans, The Cheese Board is memorable for its fun, relaxed dining room and delicious food, featuring fresh and unique soups, salads, sandwiches, entrées, desserts, and wines by the bottle or by the glass.*
- Our hours are Monday - Saturday 11 a.m. to 4ish in the afternoon.
- We are a full-service catering company specializing in business, casual and wedding catering. Our chefs and event planners handle everything from food and drink to floral, décor, entertainment and more.
- After hours, we welcome in-house private parties with seating for up to 50, and cocktail receptions for up to 70.
- Enjoy a hand-picked selection of California and international wines to enjoy by the bottle or glass on premises, or to take with you.*
- Locally roasted Blind Dog® coffee and espresso drinks.
- Specialty food and hostess gifts.
- Holiday wine and gift baskets, too!
*The Cheese Board's wine prices are like a grocery store's, not marked up 2x+ like most restaurants ... so you can enjoy the nectar of the gods for less.